In Kickboard, you can provide your students access to their Kickboard data via our Student Portal. The student portal shows balances for the day, week, and year as well as bank balance and behaviors tracked for the student with any comments left by staff members. If you have activated Kickboard's Student SEL & Climate surveys, students will take the monthly surveys through the Kickboard Student Portal.
In order to launch the Student Portal at your school, have a Kickboard Admin follow the steps below:
Step 1- Activate the Family/Student Portal
To activate the Student Portal for your school, a user with Kickboard Admin privileges must perform the following steps:
- Click Settings > Site and School Settings > Schools.
- Click Edit next to the school for which you are setting up the portal.
- Check the Family Portal Access checkbox.
- Click the Update School button.
To turn off the Family Portal at any time, repeat these steps and uncheck the Family Portal Access checkbox.
Step 2 - Set Up Student Accounts
To set up student accounts, there are two options:
- Students can set up their own accounts
- Accounts can be created for students by an administrator
Students Set Up Their Own Accounts
For students to set up their own accounts, you will follow similar steps used by family members to set up an account:
- Once you have turned on the student portal, all students will have a custom access code, which you can view on the student roster page. They will need this code in order to set up their account.
- Using our Family Portal settings, you can customize and print out an access code letter specific to each student.
- Teachers, as well as School and Kickboard Admins, have the ability to retrieve access codes as well as print Family Portal access instruction letters.
Admins Set Up Student Accounts
Admins have the ability to create student accounts en masse using a credential template. This will avoid students having to complete the account creation on their own using an access code. This is also a way to set student credentials to something they already know or use for other platforms. To create accounts for students, have an admin email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to securely send us your student portal credentials. Once the student accounts are created, your student can follow these instructions to sign in using the credentials you chose.