The Behavior (Kickboard) app in Schoology allows educators to use Behavior (Kickboard) within the Schoology platform. The staff member must have both an active Schoology account and an active Behavior (Kickboard) account. To access from within a Schoology course, the staff member must also hold the role of Course Admin.
The following steps explain how to install the Behavior (Kickboard) app to a Schoology organization. These steps must be completed by a Schoology administrator with access to the App Center.
- Log in to your Schoology organization as an administrator.
- Navigate to the App Center and scroll to find the "Behavior (Kickboard)" app. (Tip: You can use your browser's search function to help find it.)
- Click on the app name, then click Install LTI 1.1 App.
- The standard disclaimer for installing Schoology apps will appear. Click I Agree.
- Choose Add to Organization. You will be taken to a list of all apps that your organization has installed, where the Behavior(Kickboard) app should be listed.
- Click the Install/Remove button to the right of the Behavior (Kickboard) app. A window will open that allows you to choose the scope of access for the app.
- Select All Users, then deselect Parent and Student and Help Desk. Only System Admin and Teacher roles should have access to this app.
- Select All Courses and Course Admins Only.
- Click Submit.
- Click the Configure button to the right of the app.
- Enter the following Consumer Key and Shared Secret:
- Consumer Key: 357b635a3e70bdac6162b715e9a4087906241e927
- Shared Secret: b3ae4615e48ebd0185f8c7801f539e75
- Click Save Settings.
The app is now fully installed. The app will appear in the left hand menu of all courses for Course Admins and in the App Center for all System Admin and Teacher users in Schoology. The first time a staff member opens the Behavior (Kickboard) app, they will be prompted to enter their Behavior (Kickboard) email and password. Once successfully authenticated, the Behavior (Kickboard) platform will be accessible within Schoology and any future logins from Schoology will happen automatically.