If your school uses a family communication platform that has a secure document distribution feature (such as School Messenger or Parent Square), printable individual student reports from Kickboard can be distributed electronically through those platforms.
By embedding each student's external ID number on the report template, you can run the following reports and save them as PDF files. Those PDFs can then be uploaded into your external messaging platform's secure document distribution feature and distributed via email to family contacts associated with each student's ID number. This is possible for the following Kickboard reports:
- Character Reports
- Student Reports
- Family Portal Access Letters
- Academic Report Cards (if applicable)
If your students do not yet have external IDs in Kickboard, you can follow these steps to update your student roster in bulk to add them in.
The option to include External IDs is a configurable setting for Character Reports and Student Reports. Family Portal Access Letters and Academic Report Cards will include External IDs automatically without any configuration needed. See below for more details about each report type.
- To access the school-wide settings for the Character Report template, navigate to Settings > Character Report Settings.
- On the Header section, there are some options to include or not include a student’s phone number and group, along with some other details about the report.
- To include a students External ID on the report, select "Show Header Student ID"
- Click Update Setting to save the changes
- When you go to Students > Character Reports to run the reports, you will now see the student ID directly under the student name on each Character Report.
- The settings for any Student Report template can be found under Reports > Student Reports, then by clicking Edit on an existing report or clicking to Create New Report.
- Every report contains a Student Information section that includes the student’s name and options for other details such as default group and phone number. You now have the ability to select "Student ID" to include the student's External ID in this section.
- When you run the report, you will now see the students external ID on the right side of the header of each report.
Family Portal Access Letters
There are no changes that need to be made to include a student's external ID on a Family Portal access letter. The External ID will be included under the student name by default.
Academic Report Cards
- There are no changes that need to be made to include a student's external ID on an Academic Report Card. The External ID will be included under the student name by default.