The following instructions cover how to install the Behavior Referral Import plugin to your Powerschool instance so that administrators will be able to import behavior referrals from Kickboard into PowerSchool SIS.
This plugin comes in two parts, which must be installed in the following order.
- Ps-kb-db-table.zip - This file will install all the necessary tables which will be needed for synching.
- Pskb-plugin.zip - This file will install all the other functionality which is needed to synchronize Kickboard referral data to Powerschool Incidents.
Download the plugin
- Visit this link and download the plugin on that page. Save it to a location that will be easy to remember.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- After unzipping the above zip file you will see two zip files (Ps-kb-db-table.zip and Pskb-plugin.zip).
Installing the first part (Ps-kb-db-table.zip )
- Login to your Powerschool admin instance.
- Go to System -> System Settings -> Plugin Management Configuration
4. Click Install
5. Navigate to the location where you saved the Ps-kb-db-table.zip file. Select the file and click the Install Button.
6. Once installed, you’ll see the plugin listed (PS-KB Data Table) in the list of plugins. Check on enable plugin checkbox to enable the plugin.
7. A popup asking to enable the plugin will appear on the right side of the screen. Click on the “Enable” button to enable the plugin.
Installing the second part (Pskb-plugin.zip)
- Follow Steps 1 to Step 4 as mentioned above.
- In Step 5 select the Pskb-plugin.zip and click the install button.
- Once installed, you’ll see the plugin listed (Kickboard Behavior Sync) in the list of plugins. Check on enable plugin checkbox to enable the plugin.
4. A popup asking to enable the plugin will appear on the right side of the screen. Click on the “Enable” button to enable the plugin.
Once both the plugins have been installed successfully, a link (“Behavior Referral Import”) should be displayed on the left navigation bar.
Click this link to launch the Behavior Referral Import tool.
The first time you use the plugin, you will need to log in by entering your Kickboard Username (i.e. your email address) and Kickboard Password. You will also be prompted to enter your domain, which is a unique identifier for your district's Kickboard account. You should be given your district's domain during implementation, but you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask what it is.
Lastly, you will need to select if you want to import referrals as Incidents or Log Entries. Our preferred option is Incidents to take advantage of PowerSchool SIS's Incident Management tools. But if your district requires reporting discipline using the Log Entry method, you should choose that option.
Note for Log Entries: There are additional steps required to configure the plugin for log entries. Your onboarding specialist will need the following information. (If you do not have an onboarding specialist, reach out to email@example.com with this information.)
- Your district's PowerSchool SIS URL
- The name of the district in PowerSchool SIS
- Is the PowerSchool SIS instance hosted by PowerSchool or self-hosted?
- If self-hosted, what is the name and email of the PowerSchool SIS tech contact for the district?
- For the following data points from Kickboard referrals, which Log Entry fields should be populated? (In PowerSchool SIS, you can go to System > District Setup > Log Entry Fields to see your district's list of available log entry fields.):
- Behavior name