- As a premium feature, Kickboard offers the option to purchase automated SIS sync through Clever. This feature will enable you to automatically get student, staff and group rosters uploaded to your Kickboard site every night, removing the need for manual restoring.
What is Clever?
- Clever is a third party platform that allows school districts to share their SIS data securely and simply with a variety of ed-tech applications.
- It is free for districts to connect to Clever.
- Clever can be mapped automatically for some of the major SIS systems and have relatively easy options for hundreds of other SIS systems.
Information that is synced
- Student Roster - Basic student info such as name, grade, ID number, birthday, etc.
- Student Group Roster - Course sections that students are enrolled in.
- Staff Group Permissions Roster -Course sections that staff are assigned to teach.
- Staff Roster - Basic staff info such as Name, Email, ID number, etc.
- Syncing runs automatically every night for all Clever-synced schools. Changes in the SIS today will appear in Kickboard tomorrow.
- Schools CAN build additional groups as needed that will not be affected by the nightly sync (i.e. small intervention groups, after-school clubs, etc.).
- Schools CAN add additional staff as needed who may not be in their Clever roster as a teacher (i.e. support staff, security staff).
- If your school or district cannot or will not connect to Clever, we can receive SIS data files via an SFTP (secure file transfer protocol) on a nightly basis.