Parents can now connect Amazon Alexa to their Kickboard account to receive daily behavior updates and voice-read messages.
Before getting started, you'll need to make sure that you:
- Have created a Kickboard Family Portal account. Here are instructions for how to do that.
- Have an active Amazon account.
Once you have both of these accounts created, follow the instructions below to link your accounts and hear Kickboard information through the Alexa app or device.
1. Download the Amazon Alexa app through your phone's app store.
2. Open the app and sign in with your Amazon account credentials.
3. Tap the three bars on the top left to access the menu.
4. Tap Skills and Games.
5. Tap the search bar on the top right.
6. Type "Kickboard" into the search field, then tap Search on the bottom right.
7. Click the blue Enable to Use button.
8. To link accounts, enter the same email address and password that you use to log on to your Kickboard Family Portal Account and click Log In.
9. Click the green Authorize button.
You will get a message confirming your Amazon and Kickboard accounts were successfully linked. Click "Done".
- Alexa, are there updates from school?
- Alexa, are there any school updates from the principal?
- Alexa, are there any school updates for <childname>?
Once linked, you can also use your Alexa-enabled device to hear Kickboard updates.
Need additional support? Email firstname.lastname@example.org