Available under the Students menu, Character Reports can be renamed to whatever your School terminology dictates via the Character Report Settings menu. This may show up as ‘Progress Reports’, ‘DISC Report’, ‘Paychecks’ and so on depending on your School’s Character Report Settings.
The default selected date range for Character Reports is the current Culture Period (Day, Week or Year), up to the current date, within the current Marking Period. The current Culture Period of the end date specified is used to determine most of the statistics generated by the Character Report
Character Reports contain a summary of a Student or Group of Students’ progress within a given date range. Character Reports are broken up into eight (8) optional sections. In order of display on the report, they are as follows:
- Main: This is where you name the Character Report.
Header: This displays optional info about the School, the Student and the report in general and may include optional items such as the School Logo and Student contact information (see Character Report Settings)
Character/Behavior History (Behavior Log report, formally called ‘Diary’): This is a chronological list of Behaviors assigned to the Student within the given date range, grouped by day, with columns for positive and negative behaviors. Behaviors assigned positive or neutral (0 or null) values are grouped in the second column and Behaviors assigned a negative value in the are displayed in the third column. (see Character Report Settings for more info)
School Announcement and Notes: This is optional custom unformatted free text supplied via Character Report Settings.
Academic Progress Report: This report show’s the student’s current Academic grade scores from the current Marking Period, as defined by the end date of the report. Displaying the student’s overall GPA and Course Letter Grade are optional.
Missing Assignments: Displays total of assignments in the current Marking Period, as defined by the end date of the report.
Year’s Culture Point Totals Graph: This graph is a School Year summary of the Student’s average weekly totals.
Culture Point Total Statistics: This block shows several optional statistics for the Student’s Culture Metric, both Merit and Dollar based:
- Current total - The total for the culture week that the end date of the reporting range falls in.
- Yearlong weekly average* - The average culture week total from the beginning of the school year to the current point in time (irrespective of the reporting range).
- Weekly average for this period* - The average culture week total from the beginning of the marking period to the end of the marking period, for the Marking Period that the end date of the reporting range falls in.
- Yearlong total - The total from the beginning of the school year to the current point in time (irrespective of the reporting range). Optionally, if you use the banking system, you may select to show the total both before and after bank purchases.
- Detention total - Hourly consequence roster hours remaining to be served.
*Weekly averages are calculated by culture week, including partial culture weeks. For example, if your marking period starts in the middle of a culture week, the behaviors from the marking period start date through the end of that culture week will be summed and counted as a culture week when calculating the average. Weeks that do not have any behaviors or deposits are not counted in the average, however, if you have deposits made during holiday weeks, they will count towards the average.
Consequence Roster Entries: A list of consequences earned, by date including reason and optional Hours column, if Hourly Consequences are enabled for the report. Options are available to show or hide Continuous, Fixed Day and Hourly Consequence Roster entries.
Parent Signature: Displays a line for the Student’s parent to sign.
Real Check: For Dollar Culture Metrics, this displays an imitation check with the Student’s name, end date of the report, Dollar amount of the check both in numbers and words and an optional memo for the student.