Once you have set up the Parent Student Portal for your school by activating it and ensuring student birthdays are in Kickboard, you can now create access letters for parents and/or students with instructions for account creation and their unique access code. To create the access letters, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Site and School Settings > Parent and Student Access
- You will see a list of all groups marked as a default group for your students, along with the number of students in that group. Deselect any groups for whom you do not want to print access letters.
The Replace existing codes with new ones checkbox will create new access codes for any groups selected and will disable previously generated access groups. Use this feature with caution and only in instances where you want to perform an account reset en masse (i.e. at the beginning of the school year).
- Click the Print Access Codes button.
- Customize your portal access letter by changing what is written in the text box below the account creation instructions.
- If desired, click Preview to see how the finished letter will look.
- When you are ready to distribute the access leaders, click the Finish & Print button.
- On the Print screen, ensure that Headers & Footers and Two-Sided Printing are disabled.
- Access letters will print separated by default group in alphabetical order by student last name.
Your Print screen may look different. To disable Headers & Footers and Two-Sided Printing, visit your Internet Browser’s Help section.