When an account is activated using the access code and student birthday, the user is given a unique system username and asked to set a password. The username is usually the students first initial + last name + last part of the access code. (For example, John Doe's username might be jdoe-5gx.)
If a user reports that they are unable to log back in after activating an account, follow these troubleshooting steps:
Step 1- Confirm Username
Ask what username is being entered on the portal login page. If the person is using an email address, direct them to use the system username instead.
To confirm the username for an account, follow these steps:
- Click on Students > Roster.
- Open the student's profile by clicking the icon next to the student.
- Click Edit in the top right corner of Student Details.
- Scroll to the Parent Student Access section in the bottom right. The username will be listed there.
If the parent is still not able to log in with the correct username, they are most likely entering an incorrect password. If they cannot remember the correct password, proceed to the next step.
Step 2- Generate New Access Code
Follow steps 1-3 above, then check the Generate new access code checkbox and click Save. The new access code will display on the screen.
Give the user that access code and walk them through these steps:
- Go to www.kickboardforschools.com
- Click Login
- Select Parent or Student
- Click Create New Account
- Enter the new access code and student's birthday
- Take note of the username and enter a new password
Alternatively, you could print a new access letter with the instructions.