In order to use the Family Portal at your school, there are some prerequisite steps an Administrator must complete before access codes can be shared with parents and/or students:
Step 1- Activate the Family Portal
To activate the Family Portal for your school, a user with Kickboard Admin privileges must perform the following steps:
- Click Settings > Site and School Settings > Schools.
- Click Edit next to the school for which you are setting up the portal.
- Check the Family Portal Access checkbox.
- Click the Update School button.
To turn off the Family Portal at any time, repeat these steps and uncheck the Family Portal Access checkbox.
Step 2- Ensure Student Birthdays are in Kickboard
In addition to the unique access code that the system provides for each account, the user will be required to enter the student's date of birth as an additional security measure when activating the family portal account. Therefore, the date of birth for each student on your roster must be in Kickboard.
How to check for student birthdays:
- Go to Students > Roster.
- Click Export.
- Review the Birthday column in the downloaded spreadsheet file.
How to add in student birthdays:
- Using the downloaded file, you can enter the student birthdates into the birthday column and batch upload.
- Alternatively, you can edit individual student accounts.
If a parent has multiple children at a school, they can access all students' data using a single log in. For information on how to do this, click here.