Staff Role Permission Levels
Each Kickboard user must be assigned to one of three roles:
- School Admin
- Kickboard Admin
Each role comes with a different level of permissions or privileges on the site. Below is a description of the permissions for each role:
- The Teacher role has the lowest level of permissions in Kickboard and is the appropriate role for the majority of your school staff.
- Teachers can record, analyze, and report on data only for students they have been given access to.
- Teachers can only delete records they entered themselves and only with 48 hours of entry.
- Teachers cannot adjust any configuration settings on the site.
- The School Admin role has the second highest level of permissions in Kickboard and is the appropriate role for most school leaders.
- School Admins can record, analyze, and report on data for all students and staff at the school(s) they are assigned to. School Admins can also edit the student roster, edit the staff roster, and make adjustments to site configurations (such as behaviors, consequences, and marking periods).
- School Admins can delete records entered by any user at any time.
- School Admins cannot adjust any multi-school settings such as School Year or SIS Sync.
- Kickboard Admin is the highest level of permissions in Kickboard. This role should be reserved for only one or two people per school who are in charge of maintaining the Kickboard system.
- The Kickboard Admin has unlimited access to all students, courses, and staff, as well as all settings on the site for the school (or schools) to which they are assigned.
- Kickboard Admins can delete records entered by any user at any time and they have the option to delete records in bulk.
- Kickboard Admins can adjust advanced settings such as the Auto Deposit history tool, School Year settings (adjust the dates of the school year for the entire installation), Schools (edit your school names, external IDs, and logos), Custom Fields, and the SIS Roster Sync. They are also able to send activation emails to staff.
- After the initial staff upload, an existing Kickboard Admin must contact Kickboard Support to request other staff be promoted to the Kickboard Admin role.