Staff with Kickboard Admin or School Admin permissions can subscribe to specific Consequence Rosters in order to receive text message notifications whenever students are added to those rosters, making real-time behavior intervention achievable.
The text message notification will say: (Student Name) added to (Consequence) by (User)
Click here for ideas on how to use this feature in your school.
NOTE: At this time, teachers cannot add themselves to Consequence Roster Text Message Notifications. However, an Admin can enroll any staff member by going to Settings > Students and Staff > Staff > Edit and following steps 2-3 below.
Here’s how to get started:
1. After logging in to Kickboard, navigate to My Profile in the Settings menu:
2. Enter your cell phone number, then click Save in the top right hand corner. After you are returned to the staff list, click the edit pencil for your name to re-open your profile. Click Send Verification Code.
3. When you receive the text, type the code into the white box in your staff profile then click the gray Verify button. Note that the code is case sensitive. If you need the code to be resent, you can click Resend Verification Code.
4. Next, click Send Test Message, and you will receive a sample text message. Be sure to add the phone number to your phone's contacts list.
NOTE: This number is only able to send messages to you. No one at Kickboard will receive text messages or voice calls to this number. Your carrier’s standard messaging rates will apply.
5. On your profile page, in the center column under the Group Information section, you will see a new section called Notifications. Click the down arrow next to your school name to expand the list of active consequence rosters. Check the corresponding box next to each consequence roster for which you wish to receive text message alerts. Note that you will receive a text message for every student who is added to that roster, regardless of their grade level or default group. Don’t forget to click Save!
6. You’re all set! The next time a student is added to one of the consequence rosters you selected, you will receive a text message with the student’s first name, last initial, grade level, consequence roster, and last name of the teacher who assigned it.
Once you start using the feature, you may want to create new text-message-worthy consequence rosters and triggers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you set them up!