1. Click here to get to the student roster upload screen. Sign in with your Kickboard email address and password.
2. When your file is ready, click the "Choose File" button.
Note: Your file must be a spreadsheet preferably saved as a .csv. You can use any spreadsheet file you have that contains a list of your students. If you do not have a spreadsheet available, you can find a template to use by clicking the blue "Download template" text on the screen.
Required columns are:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Grade Level
Optional, but recommended, columns are:
- Group-If you already know the default groups your students will be in, you can include this information on the initial upload, and the groups will be created on the site automatically.
- Phone-If you'd like to include a student's or parent's phone number, this number will be saved in the student's profile.
- Birthday-If you plan to use the Parent Student Portal, including student birthdays on this initial upload can save you a lot of time later.
- External ID-If you are using a SIS Sync, it is a good idea to include students' external IDs in this initial upload so that the sync can happen more efficiently.
Note: If you have additional information on your spreadsheet that isn't listed above, you do not need to delete it before uploading. Just do not map those columns and the data will be ignored upon upload.
3. Once you have chosen your file, click the blue "Upload & Map Columns" button.
Note: You will only see the first three students on the file listed here. Don't worry- this is just a preview! All of the other students from the file will be included in the upload.
4. From here, select the correct column headers from the drop downs. If there is information on your spreadsheet that isn't represented by one of the column header options, just leave the column header blank.
5. When you have selected the correct column headers, click the blue "Review and Finalize" button.
6. You will see a "Finalize Upload" screen. This will list:
- the total number of students that will be uploaded (denoted by a green checkmark).
- suggestions for adding more information to your spreadsheet (denoted by a yellow exclamation point).
- any errors that will prevent you from uploading your roster (denoted by a red exclamation point).
If you don't have any errors and don't need to change anything, click the blue "Complete Upload" button.
If you need to change something on your spreadsheet, click the blue "Cancel, I have changes to make" button. This will take you back to the Choose File screen where you can re-upload an adjusted spreadsheet.